Sunday, April 15, 2012

M is for Manga

man·ga
[mahng-guh, mang]  
noun
a Japanese graphic novel, characterized by highly stylized art.
Manga is typically read from right to left, as well as any Japanese novel. In Japan, novels of any sort are written vertical from top to bottom and read down.
I love the Japanese culture and I love how they are so different from me americans. I am learning their language right now, writing, reading, and speaking. "ko-ni-chi-wa" or in english, "Good afternoon!" Now say you were reading this Manga style.
 'ko'
 'ni'
 'chi'
 'wa'
This is how it would be written in a book.
I have a favorite manga called 'Fruits Basket'.
these are just a few of the books from the manga series 'Fruits Basket'. there are 23 in all.
Drawing of the Day:

3 comments:

  1. I've only looked at Manga a few times (ones based on my favorite books) and sadly never realized how you were supposed to read them. So interesting!

    Hopping through with A-Z! Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the little lesson! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete